DIA is purchasing smartphone metadata of Americans to get around warrant requirements

DIA is purchasing smartphone metadata of Americans to get around warrant requirements.
In other words, the gov’t is using your tax dollars to buy your and store your data.
https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog/status/1352684573910573056

Charlie Savage @charlie_savage
New: The military arm of the intelligence community has searched for information about Americans’ movements without a warrant in a commercially available database of smartphone app locational data, per DIA memo for @RonWyden.

Intelligence Analysts Use U.S. Smartphone Location Data Without Warrants, Memo Says
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/22/us/politics/dia-surveillance-data.html

Source: 8kun Notables, DIA is purchasing smartphone metadata of Americans to get around warrant requirements

United Airlines CEO wants to make Covid vaccines mandatory for the company’s employees#16176

United Airlines CEO wants to make Covid vaccines mandatory for the company’s employees

United Airlines’ CEO wants to make Covid-19 vaccines mandatory for employees and is encouraging other companies do the same.

It’s a stance that differs from what some other carriers and companies have recently said. United had more than 60,000 active U.S. employees at the end of 2020 and has sent recall notices to some 17,000 other workers whose jobs were cut last year.

“The worst thing that I believe I will ever do in my career is the letters that I have written to the surviving family members of coworkers that we have lost to the coronavirus,” CEO Scott Kirby said at an employee town hall Thursday, a transcript of which was reviewed by CNBC. “And so, for me, because I have confidence in the safety of the vaccine – and I recognize it’s controversial – I think the right thing to do is for United Airlines, and for other companies, to require the vaccines and to make them mandatory.”

Kirby acknowledged logistical challenges to getting staff vaccinated.

Airline employees are considered essential workers and are among the first groups to receive the vaccines. But the rollout so far has been slow and chaotic with the nation running behind targets.

“I don’t think United will get away with and can realistically be the only company that requires vaccines and makes them mandatory,” he said. “We need some others. We need some others to show leadership. Particularly in the healthcare industry.”

In the staff note, it said it’s working with government officials and health-care providers to set up vaccine distribution centers at some of its big hubs.

Southwest Airlines last week said it does not “currently” require employees to get Covid-19 vaccines but said it strongly encouraged staff to do so.

American Airlines has a similar approach, telling employees last week that “We do not plan to require our team members to receive the vaccine unless vaccinations are ultimately mandated for entry to certain destinations.

https://nationalpreview.com/united-airlines-ceo-wants-to-make-covid-vaccines-mandatory-for-the-companys-employees/

Source: 8kun Notables, United Airlines CEO wants to make Covid vaccines mandatory for the company’s employees#16176

Facebook currently accounts for 94% of all online child abuse reports, according to the U.S. National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

NEW – Facebook currently accounts for 94% of all online child abuse reports, according to the U.S. National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).
Yet, the “social” media app has not been removed by Apple or Google from stores.

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/105599777132622081

Source: 8kun Notables, Facebook currently accounts for 94% of all online child abuse reports, according to the U.S. National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

'Normalcy' Returns: Biden Sends Large Military Convoy Into Syria On Day Two

‘Normalcy’ Returns: Biden Sends Large Military Convoy Into Syria On Day Two

While National Guard troops were being kicked out of the Capitol on Thursday, Joe Biden was ordering US military troops into northeastern Syria from Iraq with the controlled media in America refusing to even report on it.

The move was only reported in the Israeli press and in Syrian state media.

From i24NEWS:

A convoy of 40 trucks and armor vehicles said to have entered Syria from Iraq

A large US military convoy entered northeastern Syria on Thursday, Syrian state news agency SANA reports, citing sources on the ground.

According to the report, the convoy included some 40 trucks and armored vehicles and was backed from the air by helicopters.

It entered Syria from Iraq via the al-Waleed crossing to bring arms and logistical equipment to the bases in Hasakeh and Deir Ezzor provinces.

[…] At the same time, SANA also reports that some 200 US troops arrived in the Hasakeh province on helicopters.

According to the report, the troops are set to deploy on the nearby oilfields, with Kurdish-controlled eastern Syria rich in energy resources.

The AP reported that “Israeli warplanes fired several missiles toward central Syria early on Friday, killing a family of four including two children and wounding four other people,” citing state media.

State-news agency SANA quoted an unnamed military official as saying the attack took place shortly before dawn when Israeli warplanes flew over neighboring Lebanon.

Israel has launched hundreds of strikes against Iran-linked military targets in Syria over the years. But it rarely acknowledges or discusses such operations.

The Syrian military official said the attack was aimed at several targets in and near the central province of Hama. It added that Syrian air defense units shot down most of the missiles.

The official said the strike killed a family of four, consisting of a married couple and their two children. The strike also wounded four others, including two children, and destroyed three homes on the western edge of the provincial capital of Hama, SANA quoted the official as saying.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=62019

Source: 8kun Notables, ‘Normalcy’ Returns: Biden Sends Large Military Convoy Into Syria On Day Two

FBI Believed Hillary Clinton – Not Donald Trump – Was Receiving Help From Foreign Influences In 2016, Memos Reveal

FBI Believed Hillary Clinton – Not Donald Trump – Was Receiving Help From Foreign Influences In 2016, Memos Reveal

Comey slow-walked a FISA warrant that most likely would have found the Clinton campaign accepted foreign donations against FEC regulations

Field agents with the FBI had an open investigation in 2014 focused of foreign finances flowing into Hillary Clinton’s fledgling presidential campaign. But instead of receiving the FISA warrant they requested, FBI executive leadership briefed the candidate on the issue.

Declassified memos revel that FBI field agents became frustrated with being stonewalled from securing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to the point they escalated their request outside the chain of command to then-FBI Director James Comey.

“The FISA application has remained in limbo for the last four months, even though subsequent investigative activity by [redacted] provided additional probable cause for the FISA application,” one FBI operative wrote to Comey in April of 2015.

That communication stated the FBI field office leading the probe and requesting the FISA warrant was “still uncertain as to why the application has not been sent to DOJ for final approval although several reasons have been put forth by CD [Criminal Division], most recently that the decision to put the application on hold originated ‘on the seventh floor.’”

Double standard? FBI feared foreign power was targeting money to Hillary Clinton before 2016 campaign, declassified memos show. But bureau delayed FISA warrant and instead gave defensive briefing to her, in stark contrast to Trump case. | Just The News https://t.co/5gBrjFfwEV

— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) January 21, 2021

The seventh floor of the FBI headquarters in Washington, DC, is where the FBI director and his staff have their offices.

Comey’s response to the communication was a non-committal, “Don’t know anything about this but will get smarter.”

Instead of examining the FISA request or the reasons the FBI field agents requested the warrant, FBI leadership decided to provide Clinton’s team with a “defensive briefing” in October of 2015, just as her presidential campaign was gearing up.

According to the declassified memos, the briefing was delivered to Clinton’s legal team led by David Kendall and Katherine Turner.

“Kendall and Turner were advised the FBI was providing them with this briefing for awareness and so Ms. Clinton could take appropriate action to protect herself,” a summary memo stated. “They were also told the FBI was seeking their assistance to identify other appropriate recipients of the brief, if any.”

Clinton’s lawyers were told, “the campaign should increase its vigilance of contributions related to any of the matters discussed above.”

FBI feared foreign power was targeting money to Clinton before 2016 campaign, memos show https://t.co/r4DbfAVZBa via @JustTheNews

— Lou Dobbs (@LouDobbs) January 21, 2021

The now declassified memos redact the name of the foreign country in question as well as the FBI field office that requested the FISA warrant. But they do make clear the plot involved “foreign aid money that might be contributed to her campaign should/when she announce(s) her run for POTUS.”

The memos offer no evidence Clinton herself was aware of the plot.

It is unclear whether the FIA warrant application was ever truly entertained by FBI leadership, or ever advanced to the FISA court for consideration.

The memos were declassified in an 11th-hour order by outgoing-President Trump. They serve to illustrate the inequitable contrast in the way the FBI treated Clinton and Trump, respectively.

https://nationalfile.com/fbi-believed-hillary-clinton-not-donald-trump-was-receiving-help-from-foreign-governments-in-2016-memos-reveal/

Source: 8kun Notables, FBI Believed Hillary Clinton – Not Donald Trump – Was Receiving Help From Foreign Influences In 2016, Memos Reveal

liddle adam shiff tweet

Liddel Adam Schiff just twatted

Through his lies and provocations, Trump incited a mob to attack the peaceful transfer of power.
 
As House members, we did our job and impeached him. 

It will soon be time for Senators to do theirs.

To protect the country, Trump must be disqualified from any further office.



Source: 8kun Notables, liddle adam shiff tweet

Several thousand National Guard troops deployed to Washington to help secure the presidential inauguration will end their mission within the next 10 days

Several thousand National Guard troops deployed to Washington to help secure the presidential inauguration will end their mission within the next 10 days, Guard officials said.

https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1352694772692000768

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/15-000-national-guard-troops-in-dc-to-return-home-soon-1.659424

Source: 8kun Notables, Several thousand National Guard troops deployed to Washington to help secure the presidential inauguration will end their mission within the next 10 days

National Guard Plans to Ask Thousands of Troops to Remain in DC Until Mid-March

National Guard Plans to Ask Thousands of Troops to Remain in DC Until Mid-March

The National Guard Bureau is working on a plan to call for thousands of volunteers from the 25,600 Guard members in Washington, D.C., to remain on duty in the city until as late as mid-March.

Guard officials announced Thursday that approximately 15,000 Air and Army National Guard troops would begin returning to their home states as early as this weekend.

Over the past two weeks, the massive Guard force flowed into D.C. to reinforce federal law enforcement for Wednesday’s inauguration of President Joe Biden, following the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol that left five people dead.

While the inauguration took place peacefully, the Guard is still supporting requests from the U.S. Secret Service and federal law enforcement. Guard officials said Thursday that approximately 7,000 troops would likely remain in D.C. through the end of January.

As of Friday, the plan is to have up to 7,000 troops remain in D.C. through March 12, but those details are still in the planning stages, a National Guard official told Military.com.

Any Guard members who stay past the original 31-day mobilization order will be on a volunteer basis, and their orders will be modified for the new time frame, Nahaku McFadden, a spokesman for the Guard Bureau, told Military.com.

“We are not going to make anybody stay,” McFadden said.

Guard officials said Thursday that troops in D.C. and across the country did not face a single security threat on Inauguration Day.

“We not only had 26,000 here in D.C., but there were also 7,000 supporting 30 state capitals around the country,” U.S. Air Force Maj. Gen. Steven Nordhaus, director of Domestic Operations and Force Development for the National Guard Bureau, told Military.com. “There were no incidents that I know of. … It was really remarkable with our states working with their local law enforcement. It was very peaceful, thanks to all the great efforts from the states and the National Guard in each of those states.”

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/01/22/national-guard-plans-ask-thousands-of-troops-remain-dc-until-mid-march.html

Source: 8kun Notables, National Guard Plans to Ask Thousands of Troops to Remain in DC Until Mid-March